Reduce Taxes and Fund Your Retirement
Registration fee includes continental breakfast.
This course will focus on retirement saving and retirement plan options for dentists. How do you save money for retirement properly, while also saving money on your yearly tax burden?
- Learn how and when to utilize a 401(k) Defined Contribution or “DC” plan and a Defined Benefit “DB” plan.
- Learn how to save thousands of dollars per year on taxes in addition to potentially saving more than $300,000 per year as you prepare for retirement
- High-level overview
- Types of retirement plans
- DB vs DC Plans
- Deductible limits by retirement plan
- How DB Plans work
- Types of DB Plans (Traditional vs Cash Balance)
- Deeper dive
- DB formulas (brief overview)
- DB advantages
- When DB makes sense
- Various case studies
- Process for evaluating/adopting a Plan
- Having the right strategy will help attract and retain the best employees in this competitive market.
Brent C. Henningson, FSA, EA:
Brent is a credentialed actuary with over 15 years of experience working with Defined Benefit retirement plans. Throughout his career, he has assisted organizations ranging from one-person businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Brent has saved his clients millions of dollars through the use of innovative and timely strategies related to plan design and implementation. He also has extensive experience in the ongoing administrative and compliance requirements of retirement plans. After spending more than 15 years with the global leader of retirement actuarial services, Brent brings to small business owners the same level of service expected by the Arizona’s largest companies. He prides himself in his responsiveness, innovation and depth of knowledge. Brent has a Bachelor of Science in Statistics from Brigham Young University. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, the Society’s highest designation, and an Enrolled Actuary. Outside of work, Brent enjoys skiing, traveling and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
Schedule:7:30-8:00am - Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:00-10:00am - Lecture
Location:Arizona Dental Association
3193 N. Drinkwater Blvd
Scottsdale 85251 (Map)
- $25 - AzDA Dentist
- $35 - Non-Member Dentist
- $25 - Office Staff - AzDA Allied
- $35 - Office Staff - Non-Allied Member
- $35 - AzDA Dentist
- $45 - Non-Member Dentist
- $35 - Office Staff - AzDA Allied
- $45 - Office Staff - Non-Allied Member