SADS: Sleep Medicine Dental CE with UofA
1/16/2020 • 1 CEUs
Imran Patel, DDS
- Review different orofacial pain conditions including temporomandibular disorders, neuropathic pain, neuralgia, myofascial pain, mucositis, and xerostomia
- Review the diagnostic criteria for basic orofacial pain conditions
- List possible treatment options for the orofacial pain conditions
- Review medication dosages used to typically treat orofacial pain conditions
- Review necessary radiographic evaluation based on the orofacial pain condition
Imran Patel, DDS:Dr. Imran Patel joined the University of Arizona in the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine in 2018. Before coming to Tucson, Dr. Patel served as Associate Consultant in Orofacial Pain/Dental Sleep Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He was a faculty member in the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program at Mayo Clinic Rochester. Dr. Patel received his DMD and MPH Certificate from A. T. Still University – Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health in Mesa, Arizona. He served as Chief Resident in the Department of Orofacial Pain at New York University - Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Dr. Patel’s clinical and professional interests include Orofacial Pain, Mucositis, Xerostomia, Dental Sleep Medicine, Minority Health and Mentoring.
Schedule:Registration and Dinner: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
CE Program: 6:00pm – 7:00pm (1 CEU)
Networking: 7:00pm – 7:30pm
Location:University of Arizona - Health Sciences Building
1670 E. Drachman St.
Tucson 85721 (Map)
- $0 - Per Person
- $0 - SADS Member dentist
Arizona Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.