Women In Dentistry: How to Achieve More by Doing Less with the Essentialist Mindset
1/28/2021 • 1 CEUs
The work/life balance continues to be the proverbial challenge for most women in dentistry. As high-achieving women, we are programmed to work hard, sacrifice more and even do more to achieve more. But is it possible to achieve more by doing less? By applying the teachings of Greg McKeown, author of Essentialism: The Discipline Pursuit of Less, you will see how you can!
- Women dental professionals will learn how the essentialist mindset can improve their health and wellness;
- Increase productivity by understanding how each choice has a trade-off. Learn how to recognize which projects will yield the greatest results;
- Recognize how to empower yourself by setting boundaries with patients, staff and colleagues and develop the courage to say ‘no’;
- Discover ways to increase morale, decrease stress and hire the best team in the dental office; and
- Execute on the things that you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’ to, both at home and work, by putting a system in place.
Dr. Laila B. Hishaw:Dr. Laila Hishaw, DDS, FAAPD, is a board-certified pediatric dentist and partner owner of Tucson Smiles Pediatric Dentistry in Tucson, AZ. She earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Missouri--Kansas City in 2000 and completed her residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center--San Antonio. Net proceeds from her Amazon Best-Seller, Cavity-Free Kids: How to Care For Your Kids' Teeth From Birth Through Their Teenage Years, supports Diversity in Dentistry Mentorships Inc., a nonprofit she founded to educate and empower underrepresented minority youth to explore dentistry as a profession through mentoring. She lectures nationally on pediatric dentistry, burnout prevention and topics relevant to women in dentistry. As a wife and mother of 3, it is important for her to share true testimonials with real-life examples to aid her fellow colleagues towards success in every aspect of their lives.
Schedule:6:00pm to 7:00pm (AZ time)
Arizona Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.