CPR Certification / Recertification
7/13/2023 • 3 CEUs
Students will demonstrate skills in CPR and foreign body airway obstruction for adult, child, and infant victims. Two rescuer CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator) will also be presented. The course requires completion of the American Heart Association's written exam and the card issued will be valid for two years. This course satisfies the CPR healthcare provider, ACLS, and PALS requirements.
• The importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• All of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• The importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• The technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Best value for BODEX required CE coursework.
Proceeds from this course benefit the Arizona Dental Foundation (ADF) which directs its efforts toward community related activities that expand AzDA's ability to bring much-needed dental care to underserved Arizonans. The registration fee for this course is deductible to the extent allowed by law. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Jerry Haasken:Mr. Haasken is a certified Basic Life Support CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens instructor with the American Heart Association.
Schedule:6:30pm to 9:30pm
Location:Arizona Dental Association
3193 N. Drinkwater Blvd
Scottsdale 85251 (Map)
- $60 - AzDA Dentist
- $30 - AzDA Retired Dentist
- $60 - ADA Dentist
- $120 - Non-Member Dentist
- $60 - Office Staff
Arizona Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.